Is there a difference between men and women regarding their oral health? There have been numerous studies in many different countries that were aimed at figuring out the differences.
Here are ten findings from various studies:
- Women are more likely than men to brush at least twice a day.
- Women use fluoride toothpaste more than men.
- Women have a higher dental IQ.
- Women are more likely to floss.
- Women value their teeth more.
- Women visit a dentist more frequently.
- Women are much less likely to lose a tooth from trauma.
- Women are far more likely to be embarrassed by an unattractive smile.
- Women are more likely to notice missing teeth in other people.
- Men are more likely to try to fix a minor dental problem themselves.
These are just statistical findings. You will of course see many men with superb dental health and many women with poor oral health.
Ladies, get the men/boys in your lives to significantly improve their oral health. They may not do it on their own.
Dr. Cisneros maintains a practice in Freeburg and Columbia, IL. Both are in the Greater St Louis, MO area. For more information on a wide variety of subjects, please visit www.advanced-smiles.com.